Invest in your future during your Gap Year
Find your calling at Unity and set your direction for the future
Gap Year Program: What are your options?
There are 4 main streams for the “Bridge the Gap” program
- Christian Life Perspectives: Discipleship, personal growth, life skills, biblical worldview, ethics and leadership.
- Communication: Interpersonal, team building and public/stage communication
- Special interest/Elective area: Choose an area of particular interest to you with options including music, creative arts, worship, prayer, ministry or Biblical studies.
- Field Ministry: Community service, church ministry, outreach and cross-cultural mission trips
Potential employment options
- A major benefit of taking a Gap Year is an increased success rate for students in their university studies.
- Surveys show up to 60% of students who go straight to university after school either fail, change courses or drop out during their first year. This percentage is greatly reduced among students who take a Gap Year.
- The benefit of a Gap Year is recognised by many universities, with some now offering Gap Year credit towards some courses
What will you learn?
- Spend time hanging out with God and others
- Grow your faith
- Discover more about yourself and strengthening your character and skills.
- Help in the process of deciding what direction you want to take in further study and employment
- Develop your understanding of what you believe and why
- Make new friends from around the world.
- Develop personal confidence
- Practical living skills
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Team and leadership skills and deepen your Christian worldview
- Serve on short term mission and ministry trips in Australia and overseas
How will you learn?
- Lectures, presentations and demonstrations
- Interactive discussions
- Group participation
- Individual tutorials
- Practical skills exercises
- Individual projects
- Research into literature and other resources
- Audio/visual presentations
- Participation in conferences and seminars
- Use of guest speakers
- Role plays and simulations